President-elect Donald Trump apparently is mulling several choices for Secretary of State:
- A disloyal weasel (that would be Mitt Romney, the man who savaged Trump and attacked his integrity the most last spring and summer).
- A loyal weasel, former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich. He has also taken funds from foreign organizations.
- A detestable man who has campaigned noisily, loudly for the job, after losing out the struggle for Attorney General: former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani. He has also taken funds from foreign organizations.
- A likable well-educated knowledgeable man who also carries some personal baggage: General David Petraeus.
- Then there is the most dangerous, least diplomatic of the lot, a man who practically has hand-grenades strapped to his mustache: John Bolton.
Not easy choices. Of course Trump is capable of surprising everybody and pick some surprise choice. But that would further infuriate the media who have been focusing on these names.
A Dark Horse could be Jon Huntsman Jr, former governor and former ambassador who also speaks other languages.
Mohammed Haider Ghuloum