Media now confirm that Saudi National Guard forces have crossed into Bahrain. Gulf media claim the forces are from the GCC, but they are in fact Saudi forces bent on subjugating the people of Bahrain and effectively annexing their country in everything but name.
What is the difference between the Iraqi Ba’athist invasion of Kuwait in 1990 and this Saudi invasion of Bahrain in 2011?
- Both invasions were acts of aggression against the peoples of the two countries.
- In both cases the aggressor uses force to crush any opposition by the people.
- In both invasions the invaders are there to impose a regime against the will of the people.
- The people of Kuwait faced the soldiers of the dynastic Ba’athist regime, and the people of Bahrain are now facing the Wahhabi troops of the absolute tribal polygamous monarchy across the Gulf.
- There is nothing that a regime can do that is lower than invite foreign troops to enter the country to act against its own people. The al-Khalifa have just done that.
Can we say that our cause was better than your cause, and our resistance was better than yours? That would be hypocritical.